We train learners to think of physics in terms of scales - classical (theories and concepts) and modern physics (quantum properties at the atomic and sub-atomic level) .
The 5 Core Sections for this subject:
Electricity and Magnetism
1. Learners are required to know how to apply and calculate using base quantities and units (eg. mass (kg), length (m), time (s), current (A), temperature (K) etc), prefixes and their symbols (eg. nano (n), micro (µ), milli (m), centi (c), deci (d) etc).
2. Understand Newton's 3 Laws of Motion and Universal Gravitation, explain and calculate Kinematics in terms of speed, velocity and acceleration.
3. Explain and predict the physical properties and changes of matter at the molecular level in relation to heat or thermal energy transfer, with the kinetic model of matter.
4. To define longitudinal and transverse waves such as sound (acoustic) and light (optic) waves, its speed, frequency, wavelength, period and amplitude.
5. The study of concepts of current, voltage and resistance. Some examples such as DC vs AC, Ohm's Law and how to define and calculate the Electromotive Force, known as e.m.f .